Thread: Feature Request
View Single Post
10-05-09, 11:02 AM   #12
Harshmage
Different

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lightbulb Suggestion to the Track Fish request

As I understand the tracking of nodes (ore, herb, and treasure), it's dependent on being right on top of the object in question, and it being a world object. While, yes, there is a Track Fish skill, which populates the mini-map with locations of pools, you can't right-click on the pools themselves.

This being said, as with Gatherer and probably the Carbonite Gather module, there are no addons that will automagically make a map note on where the nodes are when they populate in the mini-map. I do believe that might be against the add-on policy handed down from Blizzard (otherwise someone would have made one by now, yes?).

I could see an additional option to appear when tracking fish on the mini-map to mark that node. I did similar with MapNotes back in BC with Mixed Highland Schools (fly over the school directly, /mn -q [icon] [name]).
Button function might perform a scan of visible fish nodes on the mini-map, and mark their places and what they are, and only be a function when using Track Fish, and not an option for tracking anything else.