11-03-09, 08:08 AM   #50
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Quee View Post
It is all a matter of preference.
I agree Quee.

It's all a matter of preference.

Seems every 3 weeks or so a "What is the best = QH or Carbonite or [other]" thread comes up on the official forums.

And I've seen how every one of those threads goes down - all sides drag around their wagons taking potshots at the other addon's failings. "QH uses too much resources" One side will cry. "Tourguide is slow with updates" the other will cry. "Carbonite doesn't have pink ponies in it" etc etc

They all lose track of one very simple fact : At the end of the day you are going to be the person using it. Not any one in that thread or across the greater internet is going to be sitting down at your computer to use that addon while you are playing. YOU are the one playing so your the poor b*****d that gets to put up with it.

So it better be something that you personally enjoy using or it's soon going to end up in the Trash can.

TL;DR : "The best" doesn't matter for addons. It's what you enjoy using as it's you that has to use it while playing
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)