View Single Post
02-15-10, 04:31 AM   #1929
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Psychophan7 View Post
Spells like Inner Fire could be bound to a key instead of your action bar. For example, I have IF bound to ] on my priest, as I never need to know when it is off cooldown or that I have enough mana to cast it or that I am within range to cast it (information all provided by being on the action bar).

Things like mounts and Resurrection can't be used in combat, so you could probably do with putting them on a bar that is visible only when you're out of combat. You're probably not going to be drinking melon juice in combat or enchanting/disenchanting, so you could probably put those on the same out-of-combat bar. Doing this would let you move your action bars down.
Completely agree with you. However, being only level 23 I don't have many spells to begin with so can afford to put stuff like mounts on my action bar. There's also the issue of it being a new character, and I want to be familiar with my spells enough before I take them off my action bar. Eventually was thinking of getting Clique. Never used it myself but sounds like something I could get used to.

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
I like it! I can't stand minimal myself... My UIs tend to be sort of minimal but with more crap on the screen :P For some reason, I just don't like the little things, for some reason :O

I like it alot though, but for healing, I like my frames to be a bit bigger, I just like them bigger so I have more of an accurate feeling when I'm healing rather than having it small, I tend to mess up sometimes I have no idea why lol, some people don't need that though.... This is, of course, just my opinion, you can take or leave it in the jar!

Also.. your castbar sort of bugs me as its not matching with the rest, width wise :P

edit - The nameplates are awesome though :P I need nameplates ever since I started tanking :P Good tanks have nameplates on, but again this is just IMO ! :O
It's actually not that hard to heal with those frames. This coming from someone who has never healed anything in her entire wow career. Freebgrid has a lot of features that make it extremely functional (aggro highlight, damage taken, incoming heals, timer for my Renew). The fact that they're small and tucked in one place makes it so that you don't have to move your mouse too much on the screen, which for me is more important than huge bars.

I actually like my castbar wider, helps me discern it better from the unit frames, threat meter and all the other bar-like stuff I have concentrated in that area.

Also, the nameplates are quite easy to make. It's caelNamePlates modified after a post on the UI thread on the official forums (eu).

All in all, I don't consider it to be really minimal, in the true sense of the word. There's a difference between small and minimalist. Just because you made your stuff tiny does not make it minimalist.