View Single Post
04-24-10, 06:13 AM   #9
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by flaicher View Post
Actually.. it seems that it does work for me. I just expected something "more", like how old ClosetGnome was before Blizzard's own equipment manager.
Yah, for sure. I stuck with the pre-WoW 3.0 ClosetGnome for quite a while due to its additional features; finally gave it up once the current version was stable.

The current ClosetGnome just provides more convenient access for switching equipment sets. Which...is good enough here .

Originally Posted by Zyonin View Post
Unless you are on a extremely marginal system for Wrath, static memory usage should not be an issue. I have used Outfitter and its memory usage is generally even and does not vary much over a play session (this includes idling in town, solo questing, dungeon running, PvP, and raiding).
True, static memory is rarely an issue. Continual memory consumption--which prompts the built-in garbage collector to function at inopportune times--is far more of an issue. Outfitter (along with most mods) does not have this problem.

More important than memory usage in terms of frame rate/slowness/etc. is CPU usage. This is one area where Outfitter falls down. The current v5.0b8 (with default options selected) uses 0.370-0.450 CPU/second on idle (tested with OptionHouse). Which is not particularly low for when you are not actually accessing a mod.

ClosetGnome use 0 CPU/second on idle (which includes the Ace3 library default usage).

Anyway, it all depends on your needs. The default equipment manager (+perhaps ClosetGnome for easy access) is more than sufficient for many people.