View Single Post
07-07-10, 12:29 AM   #32
Enceladus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
If anyone is entirely concerned; Don't use the Real ID system, and don't post on the official forums.
As seebs posted earlier, one day the RealID is something optional to use as a friends list and the next it's mandatory for the forums. I haven't used Blizzard tech support but others have stated the forums are mandatory to receive support.

Given what they just pulled in the last couple of days, who is to say that at some point in the future RealID is implemented into other aspects of the game? Maybe your RealID will be used in chat channel system. What the /who system or perhaps transactions in the auction house? Can you opt out of those by just not using them?

The whole point of canceling is to send Blizzard and Activision a message they can understand since 800+ pages of, "NO!", don't seem to be getting through to them.

I don't plan to cancel my account just yet. I'm going to give it a little bit of time to see if they reverse this decision or not. If it does come down to it though, I will cancel and I will not purchase anything that has the name Blizzard associated with it ever again.