View Single Post
07-22-10, 02:00 PM   #479
Emythrel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Hamstah-Emeriss View Post
Potentially hard to enforce? Yup.

Doesn't necessarily make sense to the average law abiding WoW player? Yup.

Them's the rules? Yup.
I can tell you the theory behind it, having run a gaming league back when Starfleet Command: Orion Pirates was shiny and new...... its a little different but the principle is the same.

Clan leaders were the only people who had full access to the clan's roster etc, so that only one person could have complete control. Others could be given almost the same powers but not quite, if you were found sharing your clan leader account we suspended the whole clan for a few days, weeks etc depending on how many times it happened.

In BF2 for example, I had a friend log into my account to play the Euro Forces expansion so I could get the unlocks from it.... bad move on my part.... I got punkbuster banned... I was unaware that he used an aimbot.

In wow The theory behind it that if two people play one account, and one cheats while the other is clean, both will get punished. So by sharing your account you are leaving yourself open to this possible "injustice".

With battle.net accounts I believe if one wow accounts get banned, all of the accounts associated with it do too. So potentially me being a bad boy would get my friend/gf who shares my bnet account banned too. Blizz try to avoid people gettin themselves in this situation.... and while I understand this..... its very hard to enforce.