View Single Post
07-28-10, 03:00 PM   #39
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, well Prat seems to be ignoring everything I do about the chat frames rofl. I close them and when I log back in they're back there again.

And reset the code back to what it was and now back to a single tab on login because it isn't refreshing the chat-cache.txt information at the right time.

Okay, looked at Prat settings and it looks like it sets the default of all frames to on even though on the previous shut down I had closed the window.

But look what happened to the chat frame the moment I changed one of those settings. The body of a few of the frames are out in the middle of the screen and the tabs that should be connected to them are floating above the chat frame area which I suspect is the reason why the chat frame area has messed itself up.

Logged out and removed Prat and logged back in. The 2 windows that Prat had loaded up was there waiting for me to close so I did. But the main chat frame was there for all to see ... also note that I have tweaked my nUI_ChatFrame.lua to the following code:

elseif event == "UPDATE_CHAT_WINDOWS"
--or event == "UPDATE_FLOATING_CHAT_WINDOWS"
or event == "BN_CHAT_CHANNEL_CREATE_SUCCEEDED" then
reparentChatFrame();

instead of what I did earlier and it works the same way, along with the unlock glitch which only seems to occur in this situation but at the same time it allows all the tabs to appear.

I still however am not getting misalignment issues without Prat installed so possibly something linked to that error that occurs on login.

Final test: Reset Chat Windows, Log Out, Log In
Result: General and Combat in Main Chat Window, my addon's chat windows all ok and the infopanel combat frame missing because it is docked rofl. However, the unlock glitch no longer occurs, even with my latest change to get all the tabs to appear.

Final Test 2 : Undock combat log , Log Out, Log In
Result: Combat Log now in InfoPanel frame ( although this could be because I had it selected on log out )

Final Test 3 : Create New Tab, Log Out, Log In
Result : Chat Tabs ALL accounted for and in their right place. Unlock bug still there however, sigh, resize to fix it and redocked.

All the final steps were without Prat installed and my minor change to that chatframe file.

In regards to the unlock bug, seeing as nUI generally is used to put everything in one place most people would only unlock to close the excess frame so would be little problem to just unlock and close anyway. Although why it is doing that escapes me. Although looking at the chat-cache.txt prior to logging out after resizing the frame after unlocking makes me now wonder if not having a dimension is messing things up *shrugs*.

Code:
WINDOW 5
NAME Test 4
SIZE 0
COLOR 0 0 0 0
LOCKED 1
UNINTERACTABLE 0
DOCKED 2
SHOWN 0
YELL
WHISPER
PARTY
PARTY_LEADER
GUILD
CHANNEL
BN_WHISPER
END

CHANNELS
END

ZONECHANNELS 0

END
Created another new window but this time unlocked, resized ( it still had error ) and redocked before logging out and in again. Ah much better. At least in file. Unlocked the two frames again and .... grr unlock bug still there.

Code:
WINDOW 5
NAME Test 4
SIZE 0
COLOR 0 0 0 0
LOCKED 1
UNINTERACTABLE 0
DOCKED 2
SHOWN 0
POSITION BOTTOMLEFT 0.005859 0.051656
DIMENSIONS 303.317078 197.088409

YELL
WHISPER
PARTY
PARTY_LEADER
GUILD
CHANNEL
BN_WHISPER
END

CHANNELS
END

ZONECHANNELS 0

END

WINDOW 6
NAME Test 5
SIZE 0
COLOR 0 0 0 0
LOCKED 1
UNINTERACTABLE 0
DOCKED 3
SHOWN 0
DIMENSIONS 303.317078 203.890213

YELL
WHISPER
PARTY
PARTY_LEADER
GUILD
CHANNEL
BN_WHISPER
END

CHANNELS
END

ZONECHANNELS 0

END
One last attempt for the day ... put the chatframe code back to what it was .. logged out ( the two frames were unlocked, but not resized, and redocked ).

chat-cache.txt after log out and still on char selection screen
Code:
WINDOW 5
NAME Test 4
SIZE 0
COLOR 0 0 0 0
LOCKED 1
UNINTERACTABLE 0
DOCKED 2
SHOWN 0
DIMENSIONS -429.750000 195.625015

YELL
WHISPER
PARTY
PARTY_LEADER
GUILD
CHANNEL
BN_WHISPER
END

CHANNELS
END

ZONECHANNELS 0

END

WINDOW 6
NAME Test 5
SIZE 0
COLOR 0 0 0 0
LOCKED 1
UNINTERACTABLE 0
DOCKED 3
SHOWN 0
DIMENSIONS -429.750000 195.625015

YELL
WHISPER
PARTY
PARTY_LEADER
GUILD
CHANNEL
BN_WHISPER
END

CHANNELS
END

ZONECHANNELS 0

END
Logged back in ( with the regular chatframe ) and the unlock error still exists *sigh*. A minor headache seeing as nUI resizes the frames anyway. Created a new frame again with the original nUI code intact and logged out and in again .. and all frames accounted for and in their right place ..

Perhaps the reset chat windows fixed the bug .. I lost track now with all these tests rofl.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072810_212649.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	4662  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072810_212718.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	4663  

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock