Thread: Antivirus Help!
View Single Post
09-28-10, 01:19 AM   #20
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Shannara80 View Post

the only difference between the paid version and the free is that you have to manually run the scan on your drives. While this does prevent the program from using resources that are needed elsewhere, it can be a problem if you are prone to forget that you need to run a scan.
This is not true. My roomie purchased the full AVG Internet Security Suite, which I installed and set up to do a full scan of all three of his drives every morning at 4am. I had the free version of AVG on this machine (until I decided to test run MSE for awhile), on my daughters machine, and also just installed AVG on my new laptop. The free version does indeed have options to do the same types of scans as the paid version at any time intervals that you want, options to run on specific drives, all drives, specific folders, or specific files.

The only real difference between the paid version and the free version is you get more crap with the paid version that you really don't need, and even on a beefy machine it's (the paid version) a resource hog. As for the AVG Free... I've never been able to notice that it's running. In other words, it's light on resources as long as you're not running a full scan while your on the PC.

Last edited by Petrah : 09-28-10 at 04:18 PM. Reason: clarification