View Single Post
10-14-10, 04:02 PM   #92
flamefangahs
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by staestc View Post
Want to chime in with Shadowdragon. I am one of the folks that bought Carbonite before that practice was stopped. And have donated since then. I had a lot of addons crash with this patch, as they always do, but 90% of them have been corrected.

Needing donations I understand, and I do donate to extent I can. But the developer not paying attention to what is happening to your program and to the game it serves, not to mention to the people that have been donating money, is not very easily excused.

Honestly, if you are not paying enough attention to WoW to know that Cataclysm is hitting the streets on December 7, and that there was going to be a 4.0.1 patch to set the stages for that, how can you in good conscience keep asking for donations?

Personally I am a little pissed at having bought the program and donated money, and not even being able to figure out if anybody is working on it, and then seeing a post that said, oh sorry, we did not know, we did not care about anything other than that the donations were still coming in!
You ARE aware that Carbonite's authors are two people with families and jobs right? World of Warcraft, as great as it may be, comes second to real life. No matter how much you b*t*h about the addon being broke, if they have something they need to take care of in the real world... your going to have to live with it. 4.0.1 changed a lot of things just on the user side alone... doesn't that make you think that a LOT of WoWs code has been modified as well? Wouldn't that make it incompatible with out of date addons? Use some common sense before you troll about the authors care about nothing but donations. Why don't you try to find a single addon that carries with it all the function Carbonite has. Not to mention a quest database. That alone should tell you they care a great deal more than you think. And NOT JUST ABOUT DONATIONS.