View Single Post
11-04-10, 10:59 AM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It sounds like "tearing" there is a option to help reduce it in the video options. I am not at my "WoW" computer right now so I cannot check but I will post back with the exact setting name as soon as I can. The option is vertical sync it is in the top right of the video options.

I would start by turning everything down to low. Make sure that your wow window size is set to the same size as your dekstop. Make sure that the refresh rate matches what your monitor is running at. Set the vetcial sync to enabled.

I suggest that you make these changes on the screen where you would put your username and password. You can access them from the options menu on the right. As far as I know if you change video options in that screen it does not require you to restart wow. And even if it does it's just the login screen.

Once everything is set to low and the other options are set to match your current desktop resolution as well as the vertical sync, Log into the game. If you still get "jittering" or "lagged" movement it is 100% not a wow issue and will need to look for other causes.