Thread: ModelMagic
View Single Post
05-12-06, 09:50 AM   #5
Stonehand
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy

Well, the model squishing really doesn't help with setting up reliable behavior in the portrait window. When I tried setting up the target's portrait window using the squishing method, of course, NPCs and PCs came out ok, but (I happened to be in Westfall) Harvest Watchers would be way too big in the frame, and would only have enough room to show their torsoes.

So then I used the Model Scale slider with the width/height sliders of the main window to try to come up with something better. Again, NPCs (except for lumberjacks at Sentinel Hill) and PCs came out nicely, but now Harvest Watchers were *extremely* tiny in the lower left corner of the portrait window (same with lumberjacks).

I believe the problem is that you have the camera attributes and model sizes connected somehow. A viewport should be just that... a hole that should not distort the contents of what it's viewing. I should be able to size that portrait window however I want and the model representation should stay the same. Concordantly, I should be able to scale the model without affecting the size of the portrait window. I feel these are the two biggest annoyances with the way ModelMagic works right now. Hopefully your collaboration with Xageroth will help solve some of these things... I'll still use either this or Model Citizen, but I'd like it to be more reliable and easier to configure. Good luck!