View Single Post
02-12-11, 11:21 PM   #1
Aprikot
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
FrameXML $parent

I'm new to the Blizzard_FrameXML files and as kind of a self-tutorial I'm coloring as many default UI objects as I can (via SetVertexColor). In some cases the texture names I need aren't in the XML file associated with the object I'm trying to color. For example, trying to color the little dividers on the experience bar I couldn't find anything in MainMenuBar.xml that worked, but after looking at a few action bar addons I found MainMenuXPBarDiv(1, 2, 3, etc.) which does the trick.

I finished up the action bars & unit frames, and am now on the Minimap trying to color the tracking button (border). MiniMapMailBorder & MiniMapBattlefieldBorder appear in Minimap.xml, but the texture name for the tracking border is "$parentBorder" (yet all three share the same texure file path: Interface\Minimap\MiniMap-TrackingBorder). I also see other "$parent" strings (Icon, Background, etc) all over, and wondering how to find what they refer to (and how I can refer to whatever that is in my Lua function). Thanks!