View Single Post
04-15-11, 08:23 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Thank you

I will give that a try now and see if it is what I want to do.

regards
Surf

EDIT : No it doesnt work for me - When I try clicking on the "sync account transfer file" nothing happens. Tried it exactly how the guide said (Remember account ticked etc etc). Once when I tried it I did get a Carb error come up but that only happened once and cant get it to occur again.

Any other ideas?
"Account ticked"??? That's not in the instructions, but it makes no difference. While I don't have two separate accounts (on two different drives) on my computer, I decided to try the method outlined in the "CarboniteReadMe" just for curiosity. Yeah. It didn't work for me either. All I got was a blank "CarboniteTransfer.lua" file. OK, technically, the file was not "blank". There were 4 lines and of those, two were indeed blank (lines 1 and 4). I also got the error, and after logging out of the game, and restarting (you are supposed to go back to the account log-in screen , so I just logged out of WoW and quit back to the desktop [it's a habit]), I got it again. I also got it after doing a "/rl" (reloaded the UI) the second time around just to see if that might make a difference. It didn't.

So, OK, that currently doesn't work. Did you try the other solutions that I posted? As I explained, I don't know how copying the "Carbonite.lua" file between accounts will actually work, but it might be worth a try.