View Single Post
04-09-05, 04:26 PM   #5
Keovar
A Fallenroot Satyr

No, I tried turning off the hardware mouse, I said that.

I posted it on the Blizzard support forums both as it's own thread and as a respone to a couple other threads about mouse issues after the last patch. They did not respond, of course. I sent it as an in-game ticket and waited about 4 hours online with no response, then I get an email form letter not long after I log off.

The last time I got an in-game response to a ticket was the beginning of March, they seem to let them wait until you're offline and just send an email. Of course that way they can use form letters and you can't respond to them, so I'm sure it's easier that way.

Anyway, even though the form letter was generic and didn't really directly apply to the situation I described, I tried it. I ended up "fixing" it by installing the generic Microsoft drivers that can't handle half the functions the device is supposed to be able to.

This is Blizzard's answer, their fix... a workaround that involves me gimping my hardware in order to make up for the software crap they broke in the patch. Logitech is a well-known company, not some off-brand, so one would expect a better attempt at real compatibility than that.

The same change that screwed up my mouse functions also screwed up the Z-board keyboards that Blizzard has on their site, and the "fix" there was the same... the Z-board people had to put out drivers that took away functionality.