View Single Post
05-18-11, 04:38 PM   #26
fixitman333
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by shadow78 View Post
if you use Gatherer.. disable it..
get GatherMate2.
it's stop it..
think it's Gatherer really ( it need a update anyways)

Test it out yourself guys.. and let others know if this help you out..
I hope it's not carbonite or server minimap
I use GatherMate2, and everything I've selected for tracking on the Blizzard minimap dropdown was flashing. I decided to login to one of my "utility" toons to check for incompatibilities with other addons. The results were strange....

First, bear in mind that I have three accounts within my BNet account for multiboxxing. I'm certain that I've seen the flashing on all the characters I frequently use on the first and third accounts. I have a level 2 tauren warrior parked at the BB AH (my "utility" toon). That toon is on my second account, and has never learned any trades. The only reason he is even level 2 is because of discoveries during the run to Ratchet. His carbonite settings are all at the default values from a fresh install almost a year ago (same savedvariables files).

I initially logged in to that toon with only the carbonite suite enabled. I was greeted with a LUA error about getWintergraspTimer that was stuck in a loop (error number was counting up fast). I closed all the info windows I could see , having to tell WoW not to disable my addons during the process. I then logged out and back in, only to be greeted by the same continuing error. Oops, I missed a few.... I got them all closed, then relogged again. The errors were gone.

I turned on tracking of reagents, flight masters, and banks. None of them flashed. I then turned on tracking of everything, and nothing flashed. I even went outside BB and then back in, getting splattered by an NPC in the process (lol). I still saw no flashing icons. Finally, I logged out and enabled all of my addons. I still saw no flashing icons.....

I decided it was time to login to my 85 priest on that account. I still saw no flashing icons. He is an herbalist/scribe, so I flew around until I found an herb node. It was flashing normally. I then turned on all tracking options and flew around for a bit. The only thing that flashed was herb nodes (I didn't fly over water). I figured that maybe that account didn't have the issue, and I just didn't notice.

For my final test, I logged in to my 85 mage on my third account. He used to be herb/mining, but is now tailor/enchant. I was just doing dailies with that toon a couple hours ago, so I'm certain the issue was there. I say "was" because the issue is now gone. I have tried everything I could think of to recreate the issue, but it wouldn't return. I have been dealing with this issue on that toon since it first started happening. It has never just stopped and then restarted later.

I don't know what stopped the unwanted flashing. I do hope that this information will help the authors figure it out though. If the issue returns, I'll reply with whatever details I can.