Thread: slider problems
View Single Post
06-01-06, 12:30 PM   #1
abenadi
A Defias Bandit
slider problems

I'm having some problems with the apparent default behavior of sliders.

First of all, the text strings on either side are "Low" and "High". I would like these text strings instead to display the min/max values. There does not appear to be a slider property for them. If I directly edit the xml using another application (is it possible to edit the xml text in WoW UID?) then those changes will be overwritten the next time I save a change in WoW UID.

Secondly, I would like to call a function when the slider position changes. I believe the correct event is OnValueChanged, however I think adding a function to the event property adds it to the slider frame instead of the slider itself causing nothing to happen when the slider is moved.

I'm a bit new to all of this so if I'm doing something wrong or missing something please say so. Thank you.

edit: Poking around on these boards helped me to realize I can set additional properties by expanding the frame object tree... as I said I'm new to this, however I would still appreciate some help getting a function to fire when the slider changes. Any help is appreciated and once again forgive my neanderthal ways.

edit2: OK back to square1... even though I can make the slider textstring property change with UID now, it changes back to Low/High instead of 0/3000 (my min and max values for this slider) the second I save.

Last edited by abenadi : 06-01-06 at 12:39 PM.