View Single Post
07-19-11, 02:14 AM   #6
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
I dig Wowinterface and I know many others do too, the only problem is if you are out to find some addon by categories but are unable to filter by specific criteria, perhaps adding filter options when browsing would make this a more user friendly experience, what do you thing?
The idea is letting the users be able to find addons with some of their criteria, may it be download count, last patch updated, a time range since last update, e.g.
I would find this useful.

If addons were tagged via patch, it would be a lot easier for me, as a developer, to search for addons that are not updated to the current patch.

The best way, in my opinion, is not to have another input for the developer to fuss with: do a grep search or likewise on the .toc for the interface number. And this would also take away the need for manual toggle if it works with latest patch; it would give no false positives, either.

Now for the main problem.. How long would it take to write such a script to search the .toc file and run this function? I am not skilled enough in grep and website code to do such, so I dunno if this is a quick job, or a monster task.

Author of Daily Bean Counter, MyNameTogglesWhenIAFKorDND, Extended Shutdown Warning, Auto Mail Director, Duel Nullify, Spec Transmiter, Say Again, Window Teller, Who Crafts, Ad Repeater, Privy Cork, Mac Backup, and more.