Thread: So New Computer
View Single Post
10-16-11, 04:47 PM   #20
ALZA
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Necrophgst View Post
I honestly don't find the Black to be all that loud.
Tested WD5002AALX and WD1002FAEX a couple of days ago and it seems that you're right. =) The drives make annoying sound if mounted into metal old-style drive cage (like in most InWin cases). But "good" cases with vibration-isolation reduce noise level greatly.

The Crucial M4 (or even the slightly older RealSSD C300's) are rock solid
Got my working HDD broken yesterday. External HDDs lack endurance a lot, everyday carrying and heavy usage make it break very, very fast. So I decided to replace it with something less fragile and bought the Crucial M4 SSD. It's lightning fast, even though I got 64Gb model. It's almost twice as fast as my old X25-M. Expected lifetime for M4 is 72Tb Host Writes. So you're damn right - M4 drives are great!

But.. If you put your OS, Swap file (which by the way is generally recommended for the sake of speed), all your boot applications (Virus software, and drivers, etc etc) you're going to be pushing a fresh install close to 30-34gb (+/- a little bit)
<Trolling> <mode="on">
Reinstalled my Win7 HomePremium x64. All updates + essential software + drivers.

</Trolling>
inb4, shearing Windows image can cause some funny bugs and is not recommended.

P.S. Moving to ru-RU realms was a huge mistake. I need more practice in English, srsly XD