View Single Post
12-01-11, 09:54 AM   #4
Premium Plus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tazeem View Post
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif you read any forums for a multitude of other addons, including favorites like Auctioneer, it is pretty clear that the PTR changes are not the exact changes that were made to the live server. The problems with Carbonite are relatively minor aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannd if you read the other threads here, there are some simple fixes. Just because you donated $10 doesn't mean that everyone else is donating enough for the developer(s) to take time out of their day jobs to fix it asap. Blizzard fixes their **** ASAP because they have 7-8 million subscribers x $14.99/month. That IS their day job.
And iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif you read my post you miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight have noticed that I never talked about Blizzard fixing their stuff. I mentioned other add-on devs who had their add-ons up and ready right away. Devs who do not get donations btw.

I certainly know about the differences between PTR and the live patch. Hence the use of the word "beta".

You missed the point entirely. It's fine for devs to do this as a low priority, spare time hobby. But when you take donations, people start having expectations. A reasonable expectation is that they are able to update their add-on within at least the same timeline of popular non-donation add-ons you can pull off of Curse and this site.

Last edited by Premium Plus : 12-01-11 at 10:03 AM.