View Single Post
01-27-12, 12:33 AM   #25
Animor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks Phanx. Ofc I looked there, more than once, after you previously suggested it. I also looked at DBM, but completely lost track of the code there.

I've found it a bit hard to understand BigWigs code. There are some target monitoring functions in core.lua, but I'm not sure what exactly they do. And there are some engage/kill/wipe functions in BossPrototype.lua. However, the functions in BossPrototype.lua are never called. Look for example at boss:CheckForEngage() or boss:CheckForWipe(), I couldn't find where these functions are being triggered by events (I grepped them).
There is also a syntax I'm not familiar with there: some of the functions are wrapped with "do ... end". Some are not. What does it mean?

Generally speaking, there are some basics I don't know how to implement. for example, how to detect a wipe if one of the players stays alive (hunter feigning death, or holy priest in angel mode, or rogue hiding).
How to handle a player releasing his corpse and teleporting to GY outside the instance, before actual kill/wipe. This player may be alive or still a ghost at the instance portal until the encounter ends with either wipe or kill.

Last edited by Animor : 01-27-12 at 12:38 AM.