View Single Post
03-01-12, 03:05 PM   #15
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
That's merely your opinion.
Obviously. Everything either of us is saying here that is not an empirical fact is "merely" our own opinion.

Since it's dealing with Wow and considering we are always urged to use caution, ...
I've never understood this either. WoW is just a game. Is your life really going to be over if you lose your account for a few weeks (eg. long enough to verify your identity to Blizzard so they will restore your characters), or even permanently?

Plus, you said you use the same computer for work and for personal use (playing WoW, reading forums, etc.). A keylogger that sent all your keystrokes back to its maker could come from a website totally unrelated to WoW, and get your WoW password anyway. If you believe this is such a great threat to your computer and/or your happiness, shouldn't you exercise these extreme security measures for all websites, not just WoW-related ones?

I don't think I really need to give you a lesson on how to find a phone number.
I haven't had a paper phone book in my home since I was 16 and living with my parents. I think by now even my grandparents no longer keep a paper phone book. Everyone I know immediately recycles any paper phone books that are delivered to them.

If there's some way to get a phone number that does not require either having a physical copy of a paper phone book or clicking on an internet link to a site you have not previously discussed with a live person over the phone, then yes, I guess I do need a lesson, because I can't imagine what that way could possibly be.