View Single Post
08-31-12, 06:44 AM   #282
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Balthizar, no. Just, no. I'm sorry, but you are just incorrect in your interpretations. AddOns are the intellectual property of their creators and they are automatically copyright protected to the author at the moment of their creation. The author may use any license they like, Blizzard has no say in the matter.
Originally Posted by Balthizar View Post
Cairenn, I appreciate your input on this matter but fail to understand from what legal ground these authors maintain these intellectual rights. I will research further into United States copyright and contract law to see if I can confirm your statements, because I personally don't care if I am right. I am odd that way I guess. I would much rather collect and provide accurate information than maintain an incorrect opinion.

Anyone reading this: if you happen to be a lawyer or judge or copyright professional I would really like your expertise in this!

Some people are unaware that Wow Interface is an official World of Warcraft fan site. Only Blizzard Entertainment can award such a thing. I can assure you, if Blizzard had any type of an issue with the copyright licenses included in the addons here, they would of said something directly to Cairenn years ago. I can also assure you that Cairenn would never ever allow anything here that went against Blizzard Entertainments Terms of Use, Acceptable Use Policy, End User License Agreement, or Addon Policies.

When it comes to keeping things here at WowI on the level and legally within Blizzards terms, Cairenn is... well, she's G like that.