View Single Post
09-02-12, 02:48 AM   #7
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Elkano View Post
maybe there is something wrong with how the addon in question registers the path which worked pre 5.x but is now no longer accepted as valid path by the client?
How could that happen, though? Paths are always relative to the WoW program folder, so there's no way to screw it up by moving your WoW installation or reinstalling it in a new location. Addons can't even detect the absolute system file path, as far as I know. And nothing in the addon file path changed; it's still Interface > AddOns > SomeAddon. So, the only possibilities I can think of are still (a) renaming the addon and failing to update the paths, (b) deleting or renaming the files and failing to update the paths.

To the OP, if you're even still reading (the lack of a response suggests you may not be), make sure that all of your addons are up to date, especially any that include the word "media" in their name. If it's too much work to go through them all by hand, use the Curse Client, or WoWI's Minion. Both should match up your installed addons to their sources on whichever site whose updater you're using, and update them to the latest version.