View Single Post
09-08-12, 06:51 AM   #18
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, we've got PostUpdate/Override callbacks for almost everything there are 6 of them (5 PostUpdate + 1 Override) for eclipse bar!!

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Some layouts might use text, cooldown spirals, or other things that aren't statusbars.

As for difficulty, it depends on how you change the color. If you're using a darker blue for recharging frost runes, and a brighter blue for ready frost runes, that probably makes it easier for users to see which ones are ready, especially if you're using a small statusbar where it's hard to distinguish between 90% full and 100% full.
Exactly my case I use light grey for recharging runes and when they are ready, I just change the color back.

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
That's true; I'd probably just use an Override if I wanted to change the default update process instead of adding to it.
I prefer using PostUpdates more. Mostly, I really like how the default update process works, but quite often I need to tweak it a little bit or add some features after the update runs.
And as for overriding runebar update process, to be honest, I’d try to avoid it because of enabling/disabling OnUpdate scripts inside the default update function. That's why I asked for adding 2 PostUpdate callbacks.

Last edited by lightspark : 09-08-12 at 07:28 AM.