View Single Post
07-13-13, 06:20 AM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I agree with most of your post.. BUT to say Carb is totally unusable in pandaland is a bit excessive.

Yes the map behaves oddly when you look a zone that you are not in. I'm sure Rythal has noticed this too.

With regards to the quest watch not updating.. It does update after a minute or so.. Rythal changed it to combat the "whole carbonite freezing if you have more than 20 quests in the watcher"

The quest's do update eventually, (If Carb recognizes the quest and it appears in the "database")

I put this down to the Blizz quest API.. Remember! it was only a stopgap until the internal quest database is written. I remember Rythal being interested in getting maybe another addon (grail for example) to handle the quests database. There were some dificulties with the format of the data and how Carb displays that data.

I did notice that all the quest giver icons on the map were slightly offset to the east.. (I'm sure that one's easy to fix..)

With your routing problem... Turn off Zygor's routing system.. or pathing system.. I can't remember which, Ill post back here what to disable in a bit.. (I use it myself)

With regards to your "blue ! not showing" you have to get close to them before they appear.