View Single Post
07-23-13, 11:49 PM   #9
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
I would like to work with tables too, but i cant, the lolvar is a savedvar too, and it's size based on the number of the player's avaliable stances.
You can store a table in a saved variable, and it's a lot faster and cheaper to get the number of values in a table, vs. splitting up a string and counting the parts. Without seeing your code it's impossible to be more specific, but I can't imagine any scenario where constantly concatenating and splitting a string is in any way better than using a table, unless you're displaying the string to the user somewhere, in which case it is still more efficient to keep the actual data in a table, and only convert one way (table data -> string) instead of constantly going back and forth.

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
So i pretty much need to use the info.checked and write my own iterator functions, thats what i was meant by rebuilding it and wanted to skip.
Again, without seeing your actual code, all I can really tell you is that (a) it's possible and (b) it's not very hard. If you want any real help, you're going to have to show your code.