View Single Post
01-03-14, 11:29 PM   #51
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Yes, fantasy and scifi are the main genres I read, along with some random thrillers and mysteries (basically, if the movie version would be full of explosions/gunfire/aliens/spies/suspense/adrenaline/testosterone but not too campy/gory, I will probably like it, but I also enjoy some slower-paced mysteries). CS Friedman is my absolute favorite author. I love everything she's written. Dat Coldfire trilogy!

I didn't like Song of Fire and Ice though, and quit before the end... too much politics. Unfortunately a lot of fantasy series tend to fall into this trap. I don't care about how your brother's mother's uncle's seventh cousin is feuding with your sister's lover's brother's nephew, thanks.
I'll check CS Friedman out, I think I have When True Night Falls lying around my house somewhere, but I'd have to pick Black Sun Rising up first.

Interesting how we're on such vastly different ends of the spectrum, do you like Ender's Game? I've not seen the movie, but I thought the book was okay.

Another book I've been reading lately is Into Thin Air. It's really good, if you enjoy biographies.

I've been thinking of picking up The Wheel of Time, but there are so many books in the series, feels like such a huge commitment.