View Single Post
01-16-14, 03:13 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1) I wasn't looking for anyone to level with. I was just giving away the RAF mount/pet perk, which doesn't sound like what you are looking for.

2) I wasn't asking anyone to buy me game time. When the new RAF account adds a month of game time, the referring account also gets a month of game time. You are basically buying yourself 30 days of game time, and I'm getting 30 days for free. Yes, I could just buy the second month myself and give you the free month, but I don't even know that I'm going to continue playing for two months; if I wasn't giving someone the RAF mount I wouldn't buy the time until I actually needed it to keep playing (and wanted to keep playing at that point). This way, I'm not paying for time I might not even use, you're not paying for time you're not getting yourself, and you're getting your mount or pet now, as opposed to waiting for another month and maybe getting it if I decide to keep playing. Everyone wins.

3) If you think someone who's been an active member of the WoWI community since 2006 with thousands of forum posts and dozens of actively maintained addons is using the WoWI forums to scam for game time... well, I don't really know what to say. If I was going to try to scam anyone, I certainly wouldn't do it with my real account and risk getting banned from a site I'm clearly invested in as an addon author and community member, and one month of game time is hardly worth the effort anyway.