View Single Post
07-17-14, 03:32 PM   #3538
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by anubis06660 View Post
Hello everyone!

I've been a long time user of this UI, as I have found it to be the best out there. Recently I've taken a break from WoW for a better part of a year. I've since returned and of course loaded RealUI back up, and I do say this latest adaptation is one of the best. I do have a question that I hope someone could answer for me.

I use mapster as the world map because I feel it posesses all the options I prefer. I do remember a time when it was the default for Real, but I see you've baked in your own, r maybe just have the default map only. In any case, I loaded Mapster and Aurora doesn't seem to skin it anymore. Is there something I'm missing? I even tried to add the lua file for mapster into the addon folder within Aurora to no avail. Not sure if that is even the correct procedure lol. Any assistance would be wonderful, thanks!
RealUI currently uses Foglight for the map. If you'd like to continue using Mapster you can take the old skin file for it and make an addon just for that. Go here and paste the Lua file in the labled space, then open the TOC options and add Mapster and Aurora as a dependency. If you have any other questions about this process, send me a PM.

Originally Posted by Ullyr View Post
Hello, How exactly do you make it so that you see Dispel-able magic effects with Grid 2 on Real UI? And how do you make it show the roles of which the player is.
I know back when it used to use Grid 1 it showed roles and dispels.
But now for whatever reason mine doesn't, and I've tried fixing them through the settings but for whatever reason nothing ever works.
Mostly trying to get it to show magic effects like Protectors shadow word bane and Thok's Corrosive Poison.
The role is (or should) already be shown at the bottom for the unit frame. Blue for tanks, or green for healers. It won't show for dps.

For debuffs use /gr2 then select Statuses -> Debuffs -> Raid Debuffs. There will be a list of all bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar. Simply enable the debuffs you wish to see, they will show the next time you enter the raid (or /rl). You can also add new debuffs by selecting the Boss headers.