View Single Post
09-09-14, 10:06 PM   #1
Synchrony
An Aku'mai Servant
WeakAuras Models

Hey everyone,

I've been messing around with WeakAuras and WoWModelViewer lately, but something I'm finding is that a lot of models that are available/visible in WMV aren't in WeakAuras. That's not to say that I think the models simply aren't available in WeakAuras, but that I think they're out of the frame and I can't find them. I know they're likely available because when I've tried to use models that aren't available, they show the blue-and-white-checkered "error cube" rather than nothing at all. That some spells don't show anything in the frame suggests to me that they're available, just off-screen.

For example, I've been trying to use some priest effects (Flash Heal, Renew, Greater Heal), but can't find it in WA in-game. I've tried changing X/Y/Z values all over the place to no avail. Is there any way I can find out where the model is compared to where WA's frame center is? I saw on one thread that WMV told X/Y/Z values but I don't see that in my version or have any idea where it might be.

Short of setting Z to something super negative and zooming out to oblivion to try to catch a glimpse of the model entering frame and my aforementioned X/Y/Z changing, I'm at a loss.

I hope someone has an idea that will help. Thanks.