View Single Post
10-16-14, 09:11 AM   #10
AwdBawl
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I don't know why you and so many other people are freaking out and assuming addons are OMG ABANDONED FOREVER when there's no update less than 24 hours after the patch, especially addons that were previously up to date with the last patch. Some of us have lives outside of WoW addons, you know. I haven't even had time to log into the game since the patch yet...
Bro, I'mma need you to chill.

It was updated to work with 5.4.x, with no further updates past 11, Sep. 2013. The latest user query on the WoWAce forum for the project was from 2012, with no response. The author's last input on their own page is from 2006.

Am I allowed perhaps, just maybe, to consider s/he has moved on to something more important in their life now? I said it LOOKS like an update isn't likely. I'm not claiming it's dead, full-stop. I haven't even removed it from my addon list. If I truly had the mindset you claim I'd be crying about things like Recount.

I'm hopeful there's an update; so far there has been zero indication that one is coming. All I'm looking for an is alternative in the meantime.

Seeing as the thread's derailed an no one can offer one, I'll just pony up and deal without for now.

Originally Posted by semlar View Post
Sorry I guess this is super off-topic.

I was thinking about writing an addon like BGTargets that just used nameplates to let you target nearby players but I haven't gotten around to writing it.
I appreciate trying to get things back on track. The project sounds interesting; I'd definitely give it a go.

Last edited by AwdBawl : 10-16-14 at 09:16 AM.