Thread: WOD/Pre-patch
View Single Post
10-24-14, 08:43 AM   #92
Tinkermage
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Carbonite IS THE BEST WoW addon in my opinion!!

Just want to say thanks Rythal, for making the BEST WoW addon I've ever used. I have been playing WoW for over 8 years and a friend found the "free" version of Carbonite years ago and told me about it. I did some searching and found out there was a "paid" version that had MANY other features and told my friend about it and we both paid for it. Then Blizzard put a stop to "paid" addons (which I think was wrong since they milk us for $15.00 a month). I continued to support this addon through donations for a couple of years, as I haven't to this day found any addon that can hold a candle to Carbonite!!! Unfortunately, a while back I lost my great paying job and couldn't support the addon through donations anymore. I can barely play WoW for a few months at a time, then I have to take a few months break. I will start supporting this addon again soon! I'm just glad it hasn't been abandoned. I, like all the others here have gotten to depend on Carbonite, and like some have said, it's like a drug (I don't use drugs though) and once you get addicted to it, it's hard not to have it. For me, it's like not having chocolate, and I'm a chocoholic!!! LOL Although I'm getting through WoW right now without it (it's tough once you're used to Carbonite) I'm waiting patiently for the update. I told a friend that my Curse client found an update for Carbonite and he was all excited, then I told him that it doesn't work. He said, "You should have downloaded it and tested it before telling me there was an update, instead of getting me all excited" LMAO

Carry on your GREAT work. You have a great following.

Also, I would be interested ion hearing about the "you are updating the addon solo" thing. Message me if you can.

Once again, thank you for an AWESOME addon! CARBONITE, the #1 addon!!