Thread: TBC UI Changes
View Single Post
10-07-06, 09:48 AM   #13
Tuller
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Corrodias
I don't see how you arrive at the conclusion that, while we're not allowed any more to click on a frame to cast a spell to remove debuffs, we'll still be allowed to click on a frame to cast a spell to heal. Click-casting will die with the rest of them, no?
Slouken posted about the matter:
You can easily bind specific spells to modified buttons, but you can't have the addon intelligently pick the rank of the spell. For example, you can set up a row of frames representing the folks you want to heal, and then bind "medium heal" to click, and then "big heal" to shift-click, or right click. Or you could have a column of info frames showing raid member status, and then have a menu of cleanse/heal type spells that pop up when you click on them, etc. etc.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...01595&pageNo=9

I don't get this sentiment. I use Decursive as a druid. It seems invaluable in raids. Human beings being what they are - and I'm talking about the folk in front of the computer screens, not in them - our lives are greatly enhanced by these tools.
My logic here is that I play the game to play the game. I feel that decursive, by taking me out of the process of selecting a target and casting a spell, would remove me too much from actively playing the game.

The general complaint is that its far too tedious to remove curses/magic/poisons. I feel that the best approach to solving the matter is not to automate the process, but to alter the design of specific encounters that rely too much on a group simply decursing.