View Single Post
08-05-16, 07:31 PM   #2
Lombra
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi,

C_TransmogCollection.GetCategoryAppearances(category) gives you a table of "appearances" (basically item models) The appearance tables contain a key .visualID. The visual ID can then be used with C_TransmogCollection.GetAppearanceSources(visualID) to get all the items using the model in question. (a source refers to an item) Similarly, the source tables contain a key .sourceID, (basically another item ID) which you then can use with C_TransmogCollection.GetAppearanceSourceInfo(sourceID) (sixth return) to get the item link. Extract the item ID from that.

Code:
local availableItems = {}

for i, appearance in ipairs(C_TransmogCollection.GetCategoryAppearances(LE_TRANSMOG_COLLECTION_TYPE_HEAD)) do
	for i, source in ipairs(C_TransmogCollection.GetAppearanceSources(appearance.visualID)) do
		local _, _, _, _, _, link = C_TransmogCollection.GetAppearanceSourceInfo(source.sourceID)
		local itemID = GetItemInfoInstant(link)
		tinsert(availableItems, itemID)
	end
end
Available category IDs here:
https://www.townlong-yak.com/framexm....lua/diff#1445

A few things to note. C_TransmogCollection.GetAppearanceSourceInfo is for some reason very slow. (edit: well, maybe it's not particularly slow and there just are a lot of sources) Calling it for every source in the wardrobe takes several seconds. Also, using item ID might not be a good idea as a single item ID can have several appearances depending on whether it's normal, heroic, etc version of the item. I recommend using the full link or, if possible, even the source ID.

To apply transmog, use C_Transmog.SetPending(slotID, LE_TRANSMOG_TYPE_APPEARANCE, sourceID).

Last edited by Lombra : 08-05-16 at 07:35 PM.