View Single Post
05-08-19, 04:10 AM   #12
TREUFY
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
PS: Thinking about nameplates, here's an idea. Turn them on and use addon code to hide them. The idea is nameplates replace the name text above units. If the game thinks you're using them, then hide them manually, it should work with some limitations still.

Update: This idea seems to work so far using the following code. (I have nameplates manually turned on)
Lua Code:
  1. NamePlateDriverFrame:UnregisterAllEvents();--   Unregister all nameplate events
  2. NamePlateDriverFrame:SetScript("OnEvent",nil);--    Nuke OnEvent script
  4. for _,frame in ipairs(C_NamePlate.GetNamePlates()) do-- Scan for existing nameplates
  5.     if frame.UnitFrame then frame.UnitFrame:Hide(); end--   Hide any attached unitframes
  6. end
Sorry, I'm trying to catch up and my native langage isn't english so I kind of struggle to understand the process you describe.

I need first to manually turn on nameplates. (I think I managed to do that with ctrl+v)
Then, what is addon code to hide them ?
I tried to create a macro and copy paste the code you gave, but my character just speaks the code.

Screenshot : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...sans-titre.png

Originally Posted by jeruku View Post
After some research I found hideXP. It will however disable artifact and other related gains that pop up. It is old and still works so you should be able to simply enable out-of-date addons.
So, hidexp seems to work for me ! At least on vanilla private server, since I want to begin the story on WoW Classic when it comes out, this serves me as crash test.
One problem solved, thank you !

If by any chance, you know how to disable the yellow text that appears when questing in the middle top of the screen when you fulfill one objective or gather supplies.
And the name of the zone your enter who appears in the middle of the screen too.