View Single Post
12-07-22, 12:12 AM   #3
Yakkers
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
You cannot affect movement (setpoint) or visibility changes (show/hide) on secure frames in-combat.

You'd need to use a secure header to control visibility (within the macro system options constraints).

But it looks to me that your problem has a much easier solution.

If your buttons that you are trying to attach to your personal resource display are not meant to be clickable to cast but instead just show cooldown and such information about your abilities, you do not need to have them inherit secure templates `SecureActionButtonTemplate` and you'd sidestep the whole problem.
Thanks so much. Knowing that it's related to being in combat helps a lot with troubleshooting too, because now I know I can just walk into a hostile mob without targeting to trigger it. However, I tried removing SecureActionButtonTemplate so it just reads as this:

Lua Code:
  1. local newFrame = CreateFrame("CHECKBUTTON", "Handybar_ButtonFrame"..tostring(i), HBFrame, "ActionBarButtonTemplate")

and I'm still seeing the problem. Is that still not set up correctly? My goal here is to just create a frame that looks exactly like an action bar slot but is not at all interactive.

Alternatively, I'm looking into headers here but I don't see anything about headers for the buttons, they seem to do very particular things relating to other stuff like party frames and buffs/debuffs.