View Single Post
06-06-05, 09:55 AM   #4
cyatis
A Murloc Raider

Thank you!

I missed this mod, and this one seems to be cleaner than the original. I use autorepair and wasn't sure if I'd like it to start with, though I quickly saw it was really an excellent idea and piece of work. I had two nice reasons to look forward to it, a good author with a mod that worked well.

I didn't get a whole lot of time to play with this, but it did exactly as advertised from what I could tell.

No its not much, but my only idea for the current mod so far is...
1. The mod might want to remind you in some form that it hasn't seen a bank for that character on login for the mod.

It's an excellent mod, and looks to be an excellent rewrite.
-
The following are just thoughts.

The logical extention of this mod seems to be multicharacter support. This also may be more trouble than its worth. Collecting the data doesn't seem like the biggest issue here, it would be how to organize and display the relavant information. Many of the best mods offer the most relavent information, in a reasonably organized way.

The tradeskill window itself doesn't have a lot of space for much additional information and unlike some mods that would tend to work well in the same format, this one wouldn't seem to.

Much of the charm of this mod is in its simplicity in single player setups and should remain so. Really expanding upon the "usable" features of this mod looks difficult without making a new mod or by adding to the old mod in a way that one could choose whether they wanted it or not.

Of course now someone will have a game breaking and brillant idea!

However to me the above is beyond the scope of the mod currently. It looks good, does it job, and seems to work correctly for its intended purpose. Its hard to ask for more.

Cleaning up the former mod, and providing its use is very nice and much appreciated. Things might turn up in time that were unanticipated. I'll hope they dont.

Thanks again and nicely done,
Cyatis