Thread: MazzleGASM FAQ
View Single Post
02-10-07, 01:56 AM   #46
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Logdan
Yet you edit a post that contains helpful information for others. If it was not a big deal, then why remove the information? Very hypocritical and unprofessional if you ask me. Just my 2 cents.

dorlf, I encourage you to post your fix somewhere where it can be easily found and not tampered with.

Edit: I should clarify, I don't mean to be disrespectful to your vision of your UI and it's creation/functions during use, but withholding information from users is not right at all.
When this turns into a business and I start getting a salary or start charging fees, you can make arguments about professionalism.

Whether it's a diff file, a patch, or a complete repackaging, those are different forms of altering someone's work and re-releasing it. Typing one of the those forms of alterations out in a forum is no different than attaching it a file. Dorlf told me that he was just trying to help. And he also agreed that it wasn't appropriate to post altered version of other people's work without permission. Either way, I will moderate out posts that I think are inappropriate.

If I wanted it to change things, I'd post directions myself or even just make it a checkbox. I patiently explained all the reasons, and that's still not enough for all the myopic complainers out there who can see nothing except themselves not getting what they want.