Thread: MazzleGASM FAQ
View Single Post
02-10-07, 12:09 PM   #50
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
wgbknight - Terrible example and flawed logic.

I expect and want my chat channels to change when I change zones. I choose my addons and UIs to serve very specific purposes. If an addon doesn't do what I need from it, I dont use it. If it does something I don't want it to, I either fix it or don't use it. And no, the Mazzlegasm thing only fires when you reload through the mazzifier, so it isn't happening every 30 seconds or whatever. As previously mentioned I'm an extreme tweaker and am still resetting the mazzifier to try and get it perfect, so the mazzlegasm thing would have really gotten to me at this point (the choke mazz mentioned earlier would have alleviated some of that).

A better example would be something akin to downloading an MP3 player on your computer that blasts funkytown during the install process. I love MP3's and I even like funkytown, but if I wanted it to play I would have done it myself.

That being said, its the "if you dont like it, don't use it" mentality that bothers me the most. MazzleUI is awesome, and being annoyed by some bells and whistles aspect of it would be a terrible reason to not use the addon. It detracts from the community and the impact of Mazzle's work.