View Single Post
02-13-07, 03:02 PM   #11
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Technically, I disabled ClearFont2's Fubar menu, so people shouldn't see fonts that they can't use. I removed the other fonts simply to save memory.

Anyway, after switching to these fonts, is there anywhere that you guys have noticed that the change in width of the text using the new font, makes thing look weird or wrong?
-.- and when I last checked before I get crashes due to font change, the ClearFont2 icon was still on FuBar thanks a lot Mazzle! lol
Originally Posted by Joev
I sometimes get writing flowing out of frames, for e.g right now i'm looking at the pvp rewards and the prices are just slightly overflowing the frame, but otherwise it looks fine for me much clearer
Yah I noticed that too, but most of those fonts are related to the title text. Also, from looking at MazzleUI option window, I think it uses the <b>CalibriBold.ttf</b>(title text) setting if I'm not mistaken. I guess because the game setting is already set for that specific font type, so by changing it to different font (with greater width dimension) it tends to do that.

So, I think if anyone who would like to change their fonts, I suggest only the one that relates to the chattext and zone text. However, if it is the chattext setting that MazzleUI uses for her window option, then I guess you have to stick with the original Calibri font type or not if you don't really care about it.

Also: Your overflow text from that example you've just given. it seems like it has to do with the quest text font type, not the regular chat text font. (CalibriItalic.ttf). Quest text font are the text body of any chat text window frame when speaking to an NPC or reading your questlog
-----

I will try to revert back and forth each different fonttype.ttf to see which one causes the overflowing of the frame(s) and post the result.

Last edited by 123noob : 02-13-07 at 03:20 PM.