View Single Post
02-14-07, 09:30 AM   #33
shaktiboi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Best. UI. Ever. Where do I start? I like so much about MazzleUI, but I'll list only the top 5 since that's probably what you're looking for:
  1. Your in-game documentation is sooooooooooo useful. (And well-written; I'm a 25+ year tech writer so I would know.) The fact that all of your options are documented inline, and the general layout and organization of your options is great.
  2. The Mazzifier is an extremely well-done wizard. It's very very very useful for recovering from mistakes in customizing the UI. I love how you can selectively pick what to update/reset using the mazzifier. For example, while leveling up a newbie character, you can choose only to update the button config/assignments when you mazzify.
  3. Your HUD is just plain awesome. Best. HUD. Ever. My wife hates scrolling combat text, for example, and usually hates cluttering up her playfield with "stuff that makes it look like a game" (breaks immersion). But when I disabled her HUD she yelled at me to put it back, lol.
  4. Great choice of Ace and Fubar addons. Great choice of addons all around. Every addon I ever used manually was already included in your UI. (Baggins, Cartographer, Smartbuff, ItemRack, Clique, etc.)
  5. At first I didn't like your pre-configured Bongo button layouts for each class, but yes, they've grown on me. The only downside is that you have to re-mazzify every 2 levels when you get new skills, so it's impractical to customize your bongo layout/bindings, etc. in any way because all your customizations are lost when you re-mazzify.