Thread: Recipe Book
View Single Post
06-22-05, 04:10 PM   #33
Ratstomper
A Fallenroot Satyr
I would like to begin my review by suggesting to anyone else who wants to assist in testing that they test all the options. In particular, if you have output set to the tooltip you may not see all of the information that's going on "behind the scenes". I found it extremely helpful to change the output to the chatframe so I could see messages like "Green Dragonscale Breastplate has no alts who only need skillups to learn it." I'm particularly fond of verbose text in this type of situation and I agree with the idea of only "spamming" the chatframe, not the tooltip.

Went through and did the "/rb specials" for Tribal, Elemental, Dragonscale, Armorsmith, and Weaponsmith, then logged on an AH mule and browsed recipes in the AH.

non-specialized leatherworking patterns
  • Identified patterns I could learn now (both chatframe and tooptip)
  • Identified patterns I could learn in the future (both chatframe and tooptip)

Dragonscale Leatherworking -- Nuktu (249)
  • Identified specialization correctly
  • Did not identify patterns I could learn in the future (Black Dragonscale Breastplate (290))

Tribal Leatherworking -- Burrbat (268(
  • Did not identify patterns I could learn in the future (Warbear Woolies (285), Devilsaur Gauntlets (290))

Elemental Leatherworking -- Konstantin (230)
  • Did not identify patterns I could learn in the future (Livig Shoulders (270)

Armorsmith -- Wombat (261)
  • Did not identify patterns I could learn in the future (Dark Iron Plate (285), Wildthorn Mail (270)

Weaponsmith -- Burrbat (221)

Unfortunately I didn't see any recipes that my alts were currently qualified to learn, but it would appear that somehow it's not matching the speicializations since "future" works on regular patterns but not on specialized patterns o.O