View Single Post
10-27-07, 09:56 AM   #1
Dymphna
A Defias Bandit
Mazzifier/Setup Issues

I really hate to ask this, as I see this question asked repeatedly, and people here must be tired of it, but I tried all the solutions that were suggested in forums, and none of them worked successfully. If someone would care to help, that'd be fantastic, if not...I understand.

I do want to say that, just stumbling across this the other day, it seems to be not only the best put together compilation pack, but also the most innovative (Just prone to being a bit buggy since 2.2 apparently)
(I am running WoW 2.2.3 on Mac OSX)

1) Downloaded and installed 1.1, tried running it. Only 4 bugs thrown at the very beginning, so didn't seem too bad. Seemed to get close to an end result, except the Finish button on the Mazzifier. As suggested, did not check the Blizzards box, and Finish button appeared. However, a large number of UI elements (Such as anything regarding button layout) did not configure. Bongos was instead confined to one giant bar, with no other bars being configurable.

2) Took advice of threads here and downloaded the patch and installed it, since I was on a Mac I spent about an hour individually copying files over so nothing important was overwritten. When I tried to run it this time, it was even worse than the first time. All the image previews were gone, and I got about 14 bug exceptions thrown just upon logging in, and the Mazzifier did about the same result as the first.

All the posts here I've seen seem to say that the patch addresses the problems, but it just seems to make it worse for me. Am I doing something obviously wrong? Is it a Mac related bug? Should I just watch til a 2.2.3 or 2.3 compliant version of the entire package gets released?

I really appreciate any help anyone has to give, I am sorry for what probably seems a dumb question, but I'd be ecstastic if I could get this working. Thanks so much~