View Single Post
11-19-07, 08:25 PM   #38
Sole
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ive been pointed to this thread from irc.

As some of you may know, Im the author of antagonist.

Antagonist was written a long time ago. The data files are outdated. The parsing methods need work. The display and options need work. And many other design changes.

Since I have time to code again, I will be recoding Antagonist (most likely after I finish Gladiator/****fight).

Currently the big changes are:

- unique player tracking using the GUID from the new combat log (means more accurate timer tracking as well)
- for cooldowns which can be affected by gear/talents I will add a 'caution zone'. For example, Psychic Scream can have a cooldown between 23 seconds and 30 seconds. The cooldown timer will be 30 seconds long, at the 23 second mark a red border (or other visual identifier) will appear around the timer indicating that the cooldown could be up now.
- much saner options
- new look (will be using ace3 most likely)
- much less memory usage (antagonist isnt great by any stretch of the imagination).

For the "hardcore" pvpers here claiming they dont need timer addons - suit yourself. Im a PVPer myself and I write my addons for pvp. My interface is stripped down and thats how I like to keep it, so no addon of mine will go against that.

And you guys need to relax :P