View Single Post
12-09-07, 11:55 PM   #5
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Rigorous
why does an author (any author, for that matter) have some kind of responsibility to post releases to this site? you obviously seem to know where to find the current version, so why does it have to be posted it here? there are alot of great mods out there that aren't posted to any major hosting site.

the wowace files pages have become far more user-friendly since they implemented packagemancer (not that it was all that cryptic to start with...)...or what could be easier than using WAU? WUU maybe?

the latest version of Fubar on this site is from March 2007....before ckk implemented the Rock framework. the latest version on wowace was updated 2 weeks ago.

i'm really not trying to be argumentative here...just seems like you think the authors owe you something for some reason.
1) Because this is the best wow mod site on the net.

2) WAU is a great tool, and I use it daily. It doesn't solve the problem that things aren't being updated/fixed. Once again, I refer you back to the open-ended "beta" term that's tossed around so frequently. But honestly, do you think the average wow user has even heard about WAU? I'm not talking about the game/addon/mod nerd types that live for tinkering with interfaces, but the general wow user. No one knows about this stuff, and for lots of people (not us), this is a very cryptic process (downloading/installing/updating wow addons). For reference, review any site's help forums for 1001 basic questions on topics you and I consider as easy as breathing.

I will try the 2 week old version of Fubar, maybe that helps. Lord knows the bug-reporting does no good. Feel free to review the site posted in my previous response. Tons of open responses, no fixes, and no real activity.

<still mildly disgusted>

Thanks