View Single Post
09-09-05, 08:56 AM   #3
Kelli of the Medusa
A Murloc Raider

Unhappy

I agree whole heartedly, Insomniac was the first multi-addon UI that was recommended to me. It was just way too much, I found it much easier to learn what I wanted to use if I added one addon at a time, learned to use it then added another and so on. About there being no description... well that is another of my pet peeves. I personally wish that every addon developer would take the time to put a readme.txt file in thier zip and keep it current with each update, It could contain basic "how-to" information about thier addon, maybe even a printable command list. Installation information would be helpfull too. I have found that some addons install directly to where they need to go if you just point them to the WoW folder, whereas others need to be pointed to the Addon folder inside of the WoW folder. This could probably help eliminate some of the install problems some of us have if the installation information was included in a readme file with individual idiosyncrasies of that particular authors addon and how he/she has it set up to be installed. Just my two cents worth, sorry about going off on a tangent.