Thread: Exalted by 40
View Single Post
03-22-08, 08:04 PM   #14
Occam
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Republic View Post
Quest experience, mob killing experience, and time to level have nothing to do with rep gains and faction. The leveling changes, while nice, were only recently implemented and were not introduced with BC. What was introduced with BC was a FIX to rep gains that were previously diminishing as they were in essence tied to direct experience. Thus, prior to BC, a quest that may have been gray would have produced very little faction gain (if any) while an orange or yellow quest would have given a significant amount more. This was a mistake and was fixed with BC's release.

For some of us who had done almost every quest possible in the game with our old max level 60's (at the time of BC's release), it was VERY frustrating to know they'd never receive the rep adjustments of brand new BC toons doing the same exact quests, etc. My 70 human paladin had done almost every quest in the game when he was at 60, and is far from being exalted with various factions. On the other hand, my new (post-BC) orc warrior and night elf druids were easily exalted by level 40 with everyone. The difference is purely the rep gain adjustments and has nothing to do with experience, or ease of leveling.
Yeah, this is absolutely true. I have just started a warrior alt, and here's my strategy:

- Download and Install "TourGuide" mod by Tekkub. It's a fantastic addon that brings you through the most efficient way of getting each and every quest done for the specified zone you are in. This is really a good way to make sure you get all the rep gains you can.
- When starting your new character, bring him through the normal quest routine with your starting zone (Stormwind area if you're Human, Ironforge area if you're Dwarf/Gnome, etc. etc.)
- When you finish the second zone of questing (Westfall for Humans, Loch Modan for Dwarves/Gnomes, Darkshore for Night Elf, Bloodmyst Isle for Draenei), you should be around level 16-20. At this point, go to each starting zone and do what you just did in your own: the first two zones. Make sure to do all of the quests that TourGuide brings you through.
- I was able to start and complete all of Teldrasill quests this afternoon as my level 23 warrior. I got next to nothing in XP, but I got a TON of reputation with Darnassus.

Here's what I've done so far, and the reputation total as a result of it:

EDIT: Screenshot of what I summarize below: http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3...riorrepal1.jpg

Darnassus - Completed all Teldrasill quests, still have to do Darkshore (Auberdine) quests. Reputation: Approximately 10% into Revered.
Exodar - Completed all quests through Bloodmyst Isle. Reputation: Approximately 20% into Revered.
Gnomeregan Exiles/Ironforge: Completed all quests in Dun Morough. Haven't touched Loch Modan yet. Reputation: About 70% into Honored.
Stormwind: Completed all quests in Elwynn Forest and Westfall. Reputation: About 30% into Revered.

This is my level 23 Human Warrior. Keep in mind that because he's human, he gets the Reputation bonus. I expect to be exalted by 40 at this pace!

Last edited by Occam : 03-22-08 at 08:34 PM.