Thread: Hunter specs.
View Single Post
05-20-08, 09:06 AM   #8
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by digmouse View Post
BM is just toooo much depending on the pet, but since there's too many bosses that have ground AOE, pet may not do their max damage over all. MM really depends on your gear, if you managed to gear up to 2500+ AP and 30+ crit, even in raid you would find your DPS is remarkable too
The only problem with a full MM spec for Raids is that unless your tanks are significantly over-geared, your damage will be capped by your threat. Even using FD whenever possible, you would most likely pull agro if you are geared. BM hunters will share part of their threat with their pet, effectively allowing them to output more damages. If you handle your pet smartly you should be able to keep it alive for most boss fights (they are immune to many special attacks, and you can call them back ahead of time for many others melee range attacks). All our hunters went up 2 or 3 ranks in the DPS charts after speccing from MM to BM. On some specific boss fights hunters have their pets do close to one third of their overall damage. Obviously this can be mitigated if you use different sort of gear, but only to a certain extend.
Originally Posted by digmouse View Post
and SV... think it can do good DPS too, and maybe more suitable for 5-man instances for the good CC abilities if you dont do raids much like me.
I agree with this, even in Kara you will occasionally make good use of traps if your group is not perfectly class-balanced. Otherwise I doubt there is much use in 25-men.

Last edited by Kaomie : 05-20-08 at 09:21 AM.