View Single Post
08-12-08, 02:04 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yep. This took place back in the end of May/early June. It was a month or so after that that I noticed they had banned us and deleted our threads on their forums. All that's left is a post from Clad in a thread someone started about LightHeaded, and they edited Clad's post to say that LightHeaded was a terrible addon or something. There were 4 different threads on their forums about removing addons and removing news posts from Curse staff. One of the threads I bumped multiple times a day, counting the hours of their inaction. All of those threads are gone. The PM I sent their admin the first day this came up also went unheeded.

They have not posted any new addon versions or news since, but they have also not removed any of the other addons or plagiarized news/articles on their site.

Note:
  • NONE of these downloads list the author's (your) name.
  • ANY links to other download site pages that were in the descriptions for your addons were either removed or changed to point back to the WoWKon site.
  • ALL addons there were stolen/scraped from the various addon sites (wowi, curse, wowace, and wowui).
  • Any users who download the old versions from that site will probably be having problems with your addon.

Authors: We have done all that we can to assist you. It's up to you now to file the DMCA Takedown notice.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh