Problem setting XML Spell Button Attributes
View Single Post
05-21-18, 10:11 PM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Originally Posted by
I don't think you need to worry about caching or the spell loading stuff. The only spell data you have to wait to load is spell descriptions and spell subtexts. If you're not using either of those, then the data is available immediately and always.
Unfortunately not in regards to unknown spells, at least on Battle for Azeroth Beta, that I want to display as 'future' spells in my addon. But the spell icon only becomes available on at least one request for the data, two on unknown unless I use the newer option I pointed out. Maybe due to the alpha/beta status of bfa they are still adding portions to the on demand functionality. I can't remember whether the name retrieval was a problem for unknown spells as well, seeing as both the name and icon were grabbed at the same time they were changed at the same time. Maybe by the time the expansion comes out I'll have to adjust the code again to reflect the newer changes
My Legion version of the addon works fine in that regards (apart from the problem I initially reported here that I realised must have been a programming fault at my end) but the addon needed a rewrite due to the number of portal and teleport spells available. So, with Battle for Azeroth looming I decided to do a full rewrite and that is when I noticed the spell problems.
But in either case, the multiple problems I was pointing out are now solved, either by unknowingly correcting faults at my end or by implementing the new functionality.
Info Panel IDs :
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Xrystal
Find More Posts by Xrystal